Transferable skill development – we bridge the
gap between academia and career
You do not know where to apply for third party funds? Organising a proposal seems to be too ambitious for you?
In the training “Successful fund acquisition for researchers”, EUrelations AG will show where and how you can apply for funds for your research. Researchers nowadays rely on third-party funds to finance their career. But to get an overview of the numerous research funding programmes is not easy.
After an introduction to the most important national and international initiatives you will learn more about how to organise a successful proposal. Further, you will learn how to establish a network and to protect your intellectual property in order to be ready to jump into your research projects after this training.
- Introduction to public national and international funding bodies (SNF, CTI, EU-Framework Programme, etc.) and private foundations
- Step-by-step simulation of a proposal submission process
- Success factors for proposals / Grant portfolio of successful R&D teams
- How to attract an evaluator’s attention for my proposal?
- Support tools to elaborate an innovative and beyond the state-of-art content of a proposal
- Structured scientific networking by reviewing publication/project data bases, becoming active in social networks and by contacting keen researchers in person
- Basics about Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) e.g. Memorandum of Understanding, Consortium Agreement, Contracts, etc.
- Theoretical introduction and practical exercises in groups
- Homework: Students are expected to choose a funding programme of their interest and compose a requirements’ list for a proposal submission
- Database research on the internet
- Interaction with participants - discussion of practical examples (personal cases also welcome)
- For PhDs, post docs, who are planning to submit a research proposal, scientific or administrative staff working at research proposals/projects
- Participants: 15
- 2 day training course (can be adapted to particular needs)
- Language: German or English
Dr med Andrea Degen – EUrelations AG
Fund Acquisition, Research Management, Grant Writing
- Physician in clinic and research
- > 10 years of participation in R&D projects in Life Sciences, Energy and Environment
- Since 2006 management partner in R&D projects
- Founder and former CEO of EUrelations AG, Research Management Agency
- Former NCP (National Contact Point), Switzerland, Euresearch